Changing the size of the printed squares
If the squares in your puzzle are too small when you print, here are some
things to check.
- Are they a quarter inch square? By default, EclipseCrossword won't
print the boxes any larger than that. If you want to print larger than
that, see the section below titled "increasing
the maximum square size."
- How many squares wide is your puzzle? After you subtract the
margins, there is approximately 7 inches of horizontal printable space on a
regular letter-size piece of paper. So, if each square is to be a
quarter inch, keep your puzzle no larger than about 28 (7 times 4) squares
wide. You can check how larger your puzzle is on the page where you
can preview your puzzle. If you want to try to create a smaller
puzzle, click Back to get to the crossword size options.
- When you're printing from your word
processor, such as Microsoft Word, you can resize the puzzle to taste
right in your document. You don't need to change any settings in
|The puzzle preview page also shows you the size of
your puzzle and how many words it has.
Click Back on this page to change the maximum size of the puzzle.
Increasing the maximum square size
If you are creating crosswords for people who have trouble reading or writing
small enough, such as seniors and children, you can make the boxes larger on
your printed pages.
|The Options button.
||The square size controls.
- Open a puzzle you want to print in EclipseCrossword. (How?)
- Click Options in the lower-left corner of the EclipseCrossword
- Click the Printing tab at the top.
- Change the number in Boxes can be up to ____ / 100 inches square. You can
type any number between 10 and 100, where 100 is a full inch square.
The default is 25, or a quarter inch square. You can also use the
arrow buttons inside of the box to adjust the number.
- Click OK on the options dialog to save your changes.
This will affect all crossword puzzles that you print from this computer,
until you change the option again.
Keywords: The boxes in my crossword grid are too small and tiny when I print
them, and I want to make them larger.