Can I spell check my crossword?
Unfortunately, EclipseCrossword does not currently include spell check
functionality. However, if you have a word processor such as Microsoft
Word on your computer, you can use that to check your spelling. Here's
- Start by creating a crossword in EclipseCrossword, or opening an
existing one. (Here's how.)
- From the page where you can preview your puzzle, click Next to
get to the page with the saving and printing options.
- Then, click the
Publish crossword tab.
- Click Rich Text Format (RTF). This will save a file
containing your words and clues.
- Give the file a name and click Save.
- Now, find the file you just saved on your computer. There will
actually be two files—one has "(key)" in the name, and the other doesn't.
Double-click on the one with (key) in the name to open it.
The file should open in your word processor. From there, check your
spelling like you would any other document. If you find spelling errors,
you'll need to go back to EclipseCrossword to correct them; changes you make in
your word processor won't help.
- In EclipseCrossword, to get back to the part where you can make changes
to your words and clues, click Back a few times.
- To change a word and/or its clue, find it in the list and
double-click on it. This removes it from the word list. Then,
make your corrections and click Add word to list or press Enter to
put it back.
Once you're all done making changes, you can click Next until
EclipseCrossword builds a new puzzle with your updated word list and clues.
From there, you can save and print your corrected puzzle normally.
Keywords: Can I check the spelling of words and clues in my puzzle?