Using two or more word lists in a single puzzle
You can use any number of word lists in a single puzzle. If any of the
word lists contains the same word as another word list in the same puzzle,
EclipseCrossword will use the clue from the first word list you opened, and
ignore the second clue.
- First, start the EclipseCrossword software. (How
do I do that?) From the EclipseCrossword main page
(in the EclipseCrossword software, not the EclipseCrossword.com website),
click I would like to start a new crossword and then Next.
- Click Let me create a word list from scratch now and then click
- Now you're at the page where you can add words to your word list.
From here, click the Tools button, and then Open word list.
- Choose the first word list you'd like to use and click Open.
- Click Tools again, and then Open word list again.
- Choose the second word list you'd like to use and click Open.
- EclipseCrossword will merge the second word list into the one you're
using. You can repeat steps 5 and 6 as many times as you'd like to add
more word lists to your puzzle. When you click Next, you can
save your big, combined word list as a new word list file if you'd like.
|The Tools button and Open word list
Keywords: Can I merge several word lists (EWL files) into one?