Is EclipseCrossword really free?
Yes! EclipseCrossword is completely free, even for business use and
for profit. There are no fees. For all of the details you should
read the license agreement
(you already agreed to it if you've installed EclipseCrossword), but here's
- You own the copyright to all crossword puzzles you make with
EclipseCrossword, including the grid and the clues.
- We own the copyright to the EclipseCrossword software, including the
interactive scripts that are needed to make interactive crossword web
pages work properly. You're not allowed to claim that you made
that part. You can, however, freely distribute the puzzles that
use our interactive script.
- If you make your puzzles for work, your employer might own the
rights, not you—just like everything else you produce at work.
- You can use EclipseCrossword puzzles in your book, newsletter,
newspaper, or other publication, without crediting us or paying us anything. (We do
appreciate it when people mention EclipseCrossword.com! Since it's
free software, we have no other means for other people to find out about
- That includes for-profit publications. You are welcome to
charge money for puzzles you create.
- You are allowed to install EclipseCrossword on any number of computers
at home or at the office.
- You are allowed to copy EclipseCrossword and give it to your friends, or
- EclipseCrossword adds our website address to printed puzzles and
exported web pages. If you want to take the effort to manually remove
those notices, you're free to do so. Exception: Please do not remove
the hidden copyright notice from the script on interactive web pages.
You can remove the visible ones.
- You're not allowed to charge money for the EclipseCrossword
software that you can download at EclipseCrossword.com without
our permission. You can include it on a compilation or resource CD, but if other
things on that CD cost money, it needs to be clear to the buyer that they're
not paying for EclipseCrossword and they can otherwise get it for free. If you
charge an appropriate fee for the physical media, it must be clear to people
who buy it that they're paying for that, not EclipseCrossword.
Of course, if you like EclipseCrossword, a tip in our
donation box is always
Keywords: Seriously, how you guys make money if you don't sell