EclipseCrossword 1.2.57 bug: Missing words in printed word bank
EclipseCrossword 1.2.57 has a bug that causes word banks to
sometimes print with not all of the proper words listed. This occurs
when not all of the words in the original word list were used in your
crossword puzzle. This bug is fixed in current versions of
EclipseCrossword, and we recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of
EclipseCrossword. If that's not possible, here is a workaround that you can
use to print your word bank properly.
|A word list with words that didn't make it into the
||The Restart button.
- After completing your crossword puzzle, inspect the area below the box
that previews your puzzle. If you see "...words not used" in the
lower-right, then you may experience this bug when printing a word bank.
If that text doesn't appear, then you won't experience the bug and don't
need any workaround for this puzzle.
- Click Next to get to the page where you can save and print your
- Click Save crossword and choose a filename to save your puzzle.
- Click the Restart button (a curved arrow to the left of Back) to
return to the EclipseCrossword welcome page.
- Choose to open a crossword and then click Next.
- Choose the crossword puzzle you saved previously.
- Click Next to get to the page where you can print your puzzle.
- Click the Print crossword tab, choose what you want to print
(including the word bank), and click Print selected items.
By saving and reopening your puzzle you'll work around this bug.
When you might see this bug
This bug applies if...
- You're using EclipseCrossword 1.2.57 or an earlier version
- You are creating a crossword for the first time and one or more of the
words in your original word list didn't make it into your puzzle
- You print a word bank with your puzzle
This bug does not apply if...
- You're opening an existing crossword puzzle file that you saved
Why don't my web pages work when I use dots in my numbers?